1. Credits, Course Levels and Grades:
24 credits earned from Philosophy courses
- Upper Division: At least 16 credits must be earned via Upper-Division courses (300 or 400-level).
- Residence: At least 12 credits must be from courses taken in residence (i.e. at UO).
- Grades: All credits must be earned via courses completed with a grade of C- or higher. No more than 8 credits may be earned from courses graded P/NP.
2. Required Courses:
- History of Philosophy: At least two of the following courses:
PHIL 310: History of Philosophy: Ancient and Medieval
PHIL 311: History of Philosophy: Modern
PHIL 312: History of Philosophy: 19th Century
- Authors Course:
At least one 400-level course that focuses on the works of specific philosophers (e.g. Plato, Kant, Dewey, Beauvoir, Arendt, etc.).*